Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- Posterior correction of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis with high-density pedicle screw-only constructs: 5 years of follow-up.Yonsei Med J. 2020; 61: 323-330
- X-Ray assessment of the effect of pedicle screw on vertebra and spinal canal growth in children before the age of 7 years.Eur Spine J. 2014; 23: 520-529
- Hybrid constructs pedicle screw with apical sublaminar bands versus pedicle screws only for surgical correction of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 150-156
- Intraoperative cone beam CT in hybrid operation room for pediatric scoliosis patients: comparison of pedicle screw violation rate at normal and low radiation doses.Spine (Phila Pa 1976. 2022; 47: E507-E513
- Less invasive pediatric spinal deformity surgery: the case for robotic-assisted placement of pedicle screws.HSS J. 2021; 17: 317-325
- Age of closure of the neurocentral cartilage in the thoracic spine.J Pediatr Orthop. 1998; 18: 168-172
- Prospective study of the effect of pedicle screw placement on development of the immature vertebra in an in vivo porcine model.Eur Spine J. 2011; 20: 1892-1898
- The effect of pedicle screw insertion through the neurocentral cartilage on the growth of immature canine vertebra.Orthop Surg. 2009; 1: 137-143
- Evaluation of a more ventral starting point for thoracic pedicle screws: higher maximal insertional arc and more medial and safer screw angulation.J Neurosurg Spine. 2018; 30: 337-343
- Growth patterns of the neurocentral synchondrosis (NCS) in immature cadaveric vertebra.J Pediatr Orthop. 2018; 38: 181-184
- Development of the neurocentral junction as seen on magnetic resonance images.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2002; 91: 229-234
- The effect of pedicle screw placement with or without application of compression across the neurocentral cartilage on the morphology of the spinal canal and pedicle in immature pigs.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005; 30: 1287-1293
- Pedicle screws in 1- and 2-year-old children: technique, complications, and effect on further growth.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2002; 27: E460-E466
- Pedicle screw implantation in the thoracic and lumbar spine of 1-4-year-old children: evaluating the safety and accuracy by a computer tomography follow-up.J Spinal Disord Tech. 2013; 26: E46-E52
- The effect of pedicle screw insertion at a young age on pedicle and canal development.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012; 37: 1778-1784
Kahraman S, Karadereler S, Cobanoglu M, Yilar S, Mutlu A, Ulusoy LO, et al. Does pedicle screw fixation under age 5 cause spinal canal narrowing? A CT study with minimum 5 years follow-up. (1432-0932 (Electronic)).
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable
Author disclosures: This research was funded in part by the National High Level Hospital Clinical Research Funding (2022-PUMCH-D-007 to N.W. Level F, 2022-PUMCH-C-033 to J.Z., Z.W. and N.W Level I), the CAMS Innovation Fund for Medical Sciences (CIFMS, 2021-I2M-1-051 to J.Z. and N.W. Level G, 2021-I2M-1-052 to Z.W. Level E, 2020-I2M-C&T-B-030 to J.Z. Level B) and the Beijing Natural Science Foundation (7222133 to S.W. Level D).