Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- Osteoporosis and vertebral fracture are associated with deterioration of activities of daily living and quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.J Bone Miner Metab. 2019; 37: 503-511
- FRAX and its applications to clinical practice.Bone. 2009; 44: 734-743
- WHO scientific group on the assessment of osteoporosis at primary health care level.Summary meeting report. WHO, Belgium2022: 5-7
- A review of lifestyle, smoking and other modifiable risk factors for osteoporotic fractures.Bonekey Rep. 2014; 3: 574
- Does obesity really make the femur stronger? BMD, geometry, and fracture incidence in the women's health initiative-observational study.J Bone Miner Res. 2009; 24: 1369-1379
- Body mass index and physical activity in relation to the incidence of hip fracture in postmenopausal women.J Bone Miner Res. 2011; 26: 1330-1338
- Overweight/obesity and underweight are both risk factors for osteoporotic fractures at different sites in Japanese postmenopausal women.Osteoporos Int. 2013; 24: 69-76
- Association between osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures and age, bone mineral density, and european quality of life-5 dimensions in korean postmenopausal women: A Nationwide Cross-sectional Observational Study.Clin Orthop Surg. 2021; 13: 207-215
- Underweight: another risk factor for cardiovascular disease?: a cross-sectional 2013 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) study of 491,773 individuals in the USA.Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96: e8769
- Body mass index as a predictor of fracture risk: a meta-analysis.Osteoporos Int. 2005; 16: 1330-1338
Al Jawaldeh A, Osman D, Tawfik A, Organization WH. Food and nutrition surveillance systems: a manual for policy-makers and programme managers. 2014.
- International Obesity Task Force.The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment. Health Communications, Sydney, Australia2000
- Incidence of cardiovascular disease and mortality in underweight individuals.J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. 2021; 12: 331-338
- Risk factors for a first-incident radiographic vertebral fracture in women >or = 65 years of age: the study of osteoporotic fractures.J Bone Miner Res. 2005; 20: 131-140
- High blood pressure and bone-mineral loss in elderly white women: a prospective study. Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group.Lancet. 1999; 354: 971-975
- Age at attainment of peak bone mineral density and its associated factors: The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005-2014.Bone. 2020; 131115163
- Predictors of low bone mineral density in the elderly: the role of dietary intake, nutritional status and sarcopenia.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2008; 62: 802-809
- Bone mineral density and body composition in underweight and normal elderly subjects.Osteoporos Int. 2000; 11: 1043-1050
- Malnutrition and sarcopenia.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2019; 31: 793-798
- Protein intake and exercise for optimal muscle function with aging: recommendations from the ESPEN Expert Group.Clin Nutr. 2014; 33: 929-936
- Sarcopenia as a risk factor for falls in elderly individuals: results from the ilSIRENTE study.Clin Nutr. 2012; 31: 652-658
- Relationship between skeletal muscle mass, bone mineral density, and trabecular bone score in osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures.Asian Spine J. 2021; 15: 365-372
- The effect on subsequent fracture risk of age, sex, and prior fracture site by recency of prior fracture.Osteoporos Int. 2021; 32: 1547-1555
- Fracture risk following an osteoporotic fracture.Osteoporos Int. 2004; 15: 175-179
- Hypertension is a risk factor for fractures.Calcif Tissue Int. 2009; 84: 103-111
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: JP: Nothing to disclose. SH: Nothing to disclose. H-DJ: Nothing to disclose. GS: Nothing to disclose. KH: Nothing to disclose. J-YH: Nothing to disclose.