Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
Forsth P, Olafsson G, Carlsson T, Frost A, Borgstrom F, Fritzell P, et al. A randomized, controlled trial of fusion surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis. N. Engl. J. Med. 374;15:1413-23.
Ghogawala Z, Dziura J, Butler WE, Dai F, Terrin N, Magge SN, et al. Laminectomy plus fusion versus laminectomy alone for lumbar spondylolisthesis. N. Engl. J. Med. 374;15:1424-34.
Mummaneni PV, Bydon M, Alvi MA, Chan AK, Glassman SD, Foley KT, et al. Predictive model for long-term patient satisfaction after surgery for grade I degenerative spondylolisthesis: insights from the quality outcomes database. Neurosurg Focus 2019;46:E12.
- Treatment for degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis: current concepts and new evidence.Curr Rev Musculoskeletal Med. 2017; 10: 521-529
- Surgical treatment of degenerative spondylolisthesis.Ortho Trauma Surg Res. 2017; 103: S11-S20
- What are the patient-reported outcomes, complications, and radiographic results of lumbar fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis in patients younger than 50 years?.Clin Ortho Rel Res. 2020; 478: 1880-1888
- Assessing outcomes in terms of fulfillment of patient expectations is complementary to traditional measures including satisfaction.Arthroscopy. 2022; 38: 1876-1878
- Patients’ expectations of spine surgery for degenerative conditions: result from the Canadian Spine Outcomes and Research Network (CSORN).Spine J. 2020; 20: 399-408
- Development and testing of an expectations survey for patients undergoing lumbar spine surgery.J Bone Joint Surg. 2013; 95: 1793-1800
- Patients’ expectations of lumbar spine surgery.Euro Spine J. 2015; 24: 2362-2369
- CORR insights: what are the patient-reported outcomes, complications, and radiographic results of lumbar fusion for degenerative spondylolisthesis in patients younger than 50 years?.Clin Ortho Rel Res. 2020; 478: 1889-1891
- Lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis: factors associated with the decision to fuse.Spine J. 2021; 21: 821-828
- Improvement in pain after lumbar spine surgery: the role of preoperative expectations of pain relief.Clin. J. Pain. 2017; 33: 93-98
- Unfulfilled expectations after surgery for adult lumbar scoliosis compared to other degenerative conditions.Hosp Spec Surg J. 2020; 16: S452-S460
- Low back pain versus back-related leg pain: how do patient expectations and outcomes of lumbar spine surgery compare?.HSS J. 2022; 18: 83-90
- Expectations of lumbar surgery outcomes among opioid users compared with non-users.Asian Spin J. 2020; 14: 663-672
- Proportion of expectations fulfilled: a new method to report patient-centered outcomes of spine surgery.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016; 41: 963-970
- Fulfillment of patients’ expectations of lumbar and cervical spine surgery.Spine J. 2016; 16: 1167-1174
- A revised Oswestry disability questionnaire. Back Pain: New Approaches to Rehabilitation and Education.Manchester University Press, Manchester1989: 187-204
- The oswestry disability index.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 2940-2953
- Clinical importance of changes in chronic pain intensity measured on an 11-point numerical rating scale.Pain. 2001; 94: 149-158
- RAND-36 Health Status Inventory. San Antonio: The Psychological Corporation.Hartcourt Brace & Company, 1998
Duculan R, Fong AM, Carrino JA, Cammisa FP, Sama AA, Hughes AP, et al. Quantitative CT for preoperative assessment of lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis: The unique impact of L4 bone mineral density on single-level disease. HSS J 2022;18:469-477.
Fong AM, Duculan R, Endo Y, Carrino JA, Cammisa FP, Sama AA, et al. Girardi Instability missed by flexion-extension radiographs subsequently identified by alternate imaging in L4-5 lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2023;48:E33-E39
- Surgical versus nonsurgical treatment for lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2007; 356: 2257-2270
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chron Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Development of an index to characterize the “invasiveness” of spine surgery: validation by comparison to blood loss and operative time.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: 2651-2661
- Concordance between patients’ and surgeons’ expectations of lumbar surgery.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: 249-258
- Successful lumbar surgery results in improved psychological well-being: a longitudinal assessment of depressive and anxiety symptoms.Spine J. 2018; 18: 606-613
- Follow-up, change score or percentage change score fordetermining clinical important outcome following surgery? An observational study from the Norwegian registry for spine surgery evaluating patient reported outcome measure in lumbar spinal stenosis and lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis.BMC Musculoskel Dis. 2019; 20: 31
- Does fusion improve the outcome after decompressive surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis? A two-year follow-up study involving 5390 patients.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 960-965
- Outcome of decompression with and without fusion in spinal stenosis with degenerative spondylolisthesis in relation to preoperative pain pattern: a register study of 1,624 patients.Spine J. 2015; 15: 638-646
- Health-related quality of life following decompression compared to decompression and fusion for degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis: a Canadian multicentre study.Can. J. Surg. 2014; 57: E126-E133
- Rationale for the surgical treatment of lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015; 40: E1161-E1166
- Long-term results of surgery compared with nonopeative treatment for lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis in the Spine Patient Outcomes Research Trail (SPORT).Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 23: 1619-1630
- Social relationships and mortality risk: a meta-analytic review.PLoS Med. 2010; 7e100031
- Perceived adequacy of tangible social support and associations with health outcomes among older primary care patients.J. Gen. Intern. Med. 2019; 34: 2368-2373
- Links between the hip and the lumbar spine (Hip Spine Syndrome) as they relate to clinical decision making for patients with lumbopelvic pain.Physical Med Rehabil. 2019; 11: S64-S72
- Differential diagnosis of hip disease versus spine disease.Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2004; 419: 280-284
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: RD: Nothing to disclose. AMF: Nothing to disclose. FPC: Nothing to disclose. AAS: Nothing to disclose. APH: Nothing to disclose. DRL: Nothing to disclose. CAM: Nothing to disclose. FPG: Nothing to disclose.