Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Open Orthop J. 2016; 10: 143-154
- In vivo three-dimensional segmental analysis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Eur Spine J. 2011; 20: 1745-1750
- Natural history of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in skeletally mature patients: a critical review.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2015; 23: 714-723
- The prediction of curve progression in untreated idiopathic scoliosis during growth.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1984; 66: 1061-1071
- Gait in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: kinematics and electromyographic analysis.Eur Spine J. 2009; 18: 512-521
- Growth and curve stabilization in girls with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005; 30: 411-417
- Surgical treatment of scoliosis: a review of techniques currently applied.Scoliosis. 2008; 3: 6
- Scoliosis: incidence and natural history. A prospective epidemiological study.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1978; 60: 173-176
- Epidemiology of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.J Child Orthop. 2013; 7: 3-9
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1527-1537
- Surgical treatment of idiopathic adolescent scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1999; 24: 2607-2616
- Which pediatric orthopaedic procedures have the greatest risk of adverse outcomes?.J Pediatr Orthop. 2017; 37: 429-434
- Segmental pedicle screw fixation in the treatment of thoracic idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1995; 20: 1399-1405
- Descending aortic injury by a thoracic pedicle screw during posterior reconstructive surgery: a case report.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35: E1064-E1068
- Accuracy and safety of thoracic pedicle screw placement in spinal deformities.J Spinal Disord Tech. 2005; 18: 522-526
- Delayed presentation of aortic injury by pedicle screws: report of two cases and review of the literature.J Vasc Surg. 2008; 47: 1074-1082
- Endovascular treatment of an iatrogenic thoracic aortic injury after spinal instrumentation: case report.J Vasc Surg. 2004; 39: 893-896
- An endovascular treatment of a thoracic aortic injury caused by a misplaced pedicle screw: case report and review of the literature.J Formos Med Assoc. 2015; 114: 464-468
- CT accuracy of percutaneous versus open pedicle screw techniques: a series of 1609 screws.Eur Spine J. 2016; 25: 1781-1786
- Influence of the age of mice at exposure to radiation on life-shortening and carcinogenesis.J Radiat Res. 1991; 32: 73-85
- Age-dependence of susceptibility to carcinogenesis by ionizing radiation in mice.Radiat Environ Biophys. 1991; 30: 205-207
- Breast cancer mortality after diagnostic radiography: findings from the U.S. Scoliosis Cohort Study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 2052-2063
- Computed tomography-based navigation system in current spine surgery: a narrative review.Medicina (Kaunas). 2022; 58241https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina58020241
- Worldwide survey on the use of navigation in spine surgery.World Neurosurg. 2013; 79: 162-172
- Evaluating robotic pedicle screw placement against conventional modalities: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Neurosurg Focus. 2022; 52: E10
- Evaluation of surgeon and patient radiation exposure by imaging technology in patients undergoing thoracolumbar fusion: systematic review of the literature.Spine J. 2019; 19: 1397-1411
- Does image guidance decrease pedicle screw-related complications in surgical treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a systematic review update and meta-analysis.Eur Spine J. 2020; 29: 694-716
- Does intraoperative CT navigation increase the accuracy of pedicle screw placement in pediatric spinal deformity surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Spine Defor. 2022; 10: 19-29
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.Bmj. 2021; 372: n71
North American Spine Society. Levels of Evidence 2005.https://www.spine.org/ResearchClinicalCare/Research/LevelsofEvidence. (accessed December 27, 2018).
AAOS. AAOS Clinical Practice Guideline and Systematic Review Methodology. [cited 20 January 2021].https://aaos-app-prod-aaoswww01.azurewebsites.net/uploadedFiles/PreProduction/Quality/Guidelines_and_Reviews/Guideline%20and%20Systematic%20Review%20Processes_v4.0_Final8cd7.pdf?_ga=2.244485197.938110896.1540216238-29030028.1531151248.
- Effective dose of radiation per screw in surgery of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: matched pair analysis of 293 pedicle screws inserted using three different techniques.J Child Orthop. 2020; 14: 554-561
- Using lean principles to introduce intraoperative navigation for scoliosis surgery.Bone Joint J. 2020; 102-b: 5-10
- Perforation rate of pedicle screws using hybrid operating room combined with intraoperative computed tomography navigation for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: impact of distance from the reference frame and other risk factors.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2020; 45: E1357-E1e64
- Accuracy of powered surgical instruments compared with manual instruments for pedicle screw insertion: evaluation using o-arm-based navigation in scoliosis surgery.J Orthop Sci. 2018; 23: 765-769
- Increased radiation but no benefits in pedicle screw accuracy with navigation versus a freehand technique in scoliosis surgery.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2018; 476: 1020-1027
- Pedicle perforation while inserting screws using O-arm navigation during surgery for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: risk factors and effect of insertion order.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018; 43: E1463-E14e8
- Minimally invasive scoliosis surgery assisted by O-arm navigation for Lenke Type 5C adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a comparison with standard open approach spinal instrumentation.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017; 19: 472-478
- Accuracy of pedicle screw insertion in posterior scoliosis surgery: a comparison between intraoperative navigation and preoperative navigation techniques.Eur Spine J. 2017; 26: 1756-1764
- How does patient radiation exposure compare with Low-dose O-arm versus fluoroscopy for pedicle screw placement in idiopathic scoliosis?.J Pediatr Orthop. 2017; 37: 171-177
- The Superiority of Intraoperative O-arm navigation-assisted surgery in instrumenting extremely small thoracic pedicles of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a case-control study.Medicine (Baltimore). 2016; 95: e3581
- Computed tomography-guided navigation of thoracic pedicle screws for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis results in more accurate placement and less screw removal.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012; 37: E473-E478
- Intraoperative cone beam CT in hybrid operation room for pediatric scoliosis patients: comparison of pedicle screw violation rate at normal and low radiation doses.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2022; 47: E507-Ee13
- Intraoperative computed tomography-guided navigation for pediatric spine patients reduced return to operating room for screw malposition compared with freehand/fluoroscopic techniques.Spine Deform. 2019; 7: 577-581
- Improved accuracy of screw implantation could decrease the incidence of post-operative hydrothorax? O-arm navigation vs. free-hand in thoracic spinal deformity correction surgery.Int Orthop. 2018; 42: 2141-2146
- Accuracy of pedicle screw insertion by AIRO(®) intraoperative CT in complex spinal deformity assessed by a new classification based on technical complexity of screw insertion.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 2339-2347
- Intraoperative radiation exposure in spinal scoliosis surgery for pediatric patients using the O-arm(®) imaging system.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2018; 28: 579-583
- A retrospective comparison of intraoperative CT and fluoroscopy evaluating radiation exposure in posterior spinal fusions for scoliosis.Patient Saf Surg. 2017; 11: 32
- Switching to a pediatric dose O-Arm protocol in spine surgery significantly reduced patient radiation exposure.J Pediatr Orthop. 2016; 36: 621-626
- Comparison of effective dose of radiation during pedicle screw placement using intraoperative computed tomography navigation versus fluoroscopy in children with spinal deformities.J Pediatr Orthop. 2016; 36: 530-533
- Does intraoperative navigation improve the accuracy of pedicle screw placement in the apical region of dystrophic scoliosis secondary to neurofibromatosis type I: comparison between O-arm navigation and free-hand technique.Eur Spine J. 2016; 25: 1729-1737
- Inter- and intraobserver reliability of computed tomography in assessment of thoracic pedicle screw placement.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003; 28: 2527-2530
- The clinical risk of vertebral artery injury from cervical pedicle screws inserted in degenerative vertebrae.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005; 30: 2800-2805
- Accuracy of pedicular screw placement in vivo.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1990; 15: 11-14
- Instrumenting the small thoracic pedicle: the role of intraoperative computed tomography image-guided surgery.Neurosurg Focus. 2014; 36: E6
- Pedicle screw placement accuracy: a meta-analysis.Philadelphia; Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007; 32: E111-E120
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
There are no relevant financial activities outside the submitted work.
The manuscript submitted does not contain information about medical device(s)/drug(s).
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: HO: Nothing to disclose. MU: Nothing to disclose. SI: Nothing to disclose. TH: Nothing to disclose. TK: Nothing to disclose. YM: Nothing to disclose. DK: Nothing to disclose. TF: Nothing to disclose. TM: Nothing to disclose. YT: Nothing to disclose. MK: Nothing to disclose. TO: Nothing to disclose. JT: Nothing to disclose.