Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgery of lumbar and thoracolumbar scolioses in adults over 50. Morbidity and survival in a multicenter retrospective cohort of 180 patients with a mean follow-up of 4.5 years.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2012; 98: 528-535https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otsr.2012.04.014
- Risk factors for major peri-operative complications in adult spinal deformity surgery: a multi-center review of 953 consecutive patients.Eur Spine J. 2012; 21: 2603-2610https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-012-2370-4
- Incidence of perioperative medical complications and mortality among elderly patients undergoing surgery for spinal deformity: analysis of 3519 patients.J Neurosurg Spine. 2017; 27: 534-539https://doi.org/10.3171/2017.3.SPINE161011
- Evaluation of complications and neurological deficits with three-column spine reconstructions for complex spinal deformity: a retrospective Scoli-RISK-1 study.Neurosurg Focus. 2014; 36: E17https://doi.org/10.3171/2014.2.FOCUS1419
- international spine study group. medical complications after adult spinal deformity surgery: incidence, risk factors, and clinical impact.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016; 41 (PMID: 27105460): 1718-1723https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001636
- Morbidity and mortality after spinal deformity surgery in patients 75 years and older: complications and predictive factors.J Neurosurg Spine. 2011; 15: 667-674https://doi.org/10.3171/2011.7.SPINE10640
- Development and validation of a multidomain surgical complication classification system for adult spinal deformity.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: E267-E273https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000003766
- Development of a preoperative predictive model for major complications following adult spinal deformity surgery.J Neurosurg Spine. 2017; 26: 736-743https://doi.org/10.3171/2016.10.SPINE16197
- Length of stay, and mortality after primary surgery for adult spinal deformity: a 10-year Danish nationwide cohort study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2019; 44: E107-E116https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000002782
- Factors associated with short length of stay after long fusions for adult spinal deformity: initial steps toward developing an enhanced recovery pathway.Global Spine J. 2021; 11: 866-873https://doi.org/10.1177/2192568220941448
- Lafage V; International Spine Study Group. Predicting Extended Length of Hospital Stay in an Adult Spinal Deformity Surgical Population.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016 Jul 1; 41 (PMID: 26679876): E798-E805https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001391
- Enhanced recovery pathway in adult patients undergoing thoracolumbar deformity surgery.Spine J. 2021; 21: 753-764https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2021.01.003
- The seattle spine team approach to adult deformity surgery: a systems-based approach to perioperative care and subsequent reduction in perioperative complication rates.Spine Deform. 2014; 2: 95-103https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspd.2013.12.002
- Perioperative protocol for elective spine surgery is associated with reduced length of stay and complications.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2019; 27: 183-189https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00274
- Enhanced recovery pathway in adults undergoing elective posterior thoracolumbar fusion surgery: outcomes compared with a traditional care pathway.Adv Orthop. 2021; 2021 (Published 2021 Sep 15)6204831https://doi.org/10.1155/2021/6204831
- Defining a surgical invasiveness threshold for increased risk of a major complication following adult spinal deformity surgery.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: 931-938https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000003949
- Incidence and risk factors of gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary complications after spinal fusion surgery: a retrospective cohort study.J Korean Med Sci. 2020; 35 (Published 2020 Oct 19): e345https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2020.35.e345
- Association between baseline cognitive impairment and postoperative delirium in elderly patients undergoing surgery for adult spinal deformity.J Neurosurg Spine. 2018; 28: 103-108https://doi.org/10.3171/2017.5.SPINE161244
- Incidence and risk factors for acute kidney injury after spine surgery using the RIFLE classification.J Neurosurg Spine. 2014; 20: 505-511https://doi.org/10.3171/2014.2.SPINE13596
- Timing of complications after spinal fusion surgery.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015; 40: 1527-1535https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001073
- A systematic multidisciplinary initiative for reducing the risk of complications in adult scoliosis surgery.J Neurosurg Spine. 2017; 26: 744-750https://doi.org/10.3171/2016.11.SPINE16537
- Do patient expectations of spinal surgery relate to functional outcome?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 1154-1161https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0194-7
- Benefits of enhanced recovery after surgery for fusion in degenerative spine surgery: impact on outcome, length of stay, and patient satisfaction.Neurosurg Focus. 2019; 46: E6https://doi.org/10.3171/2019.1.FOCUS18669
- Early Ambulation Decreases Length of Hospital Stay, Perioperative Complications and Improves Functional Outcomes in Elderly Patients Undergoing Surgery for Correction of Adult Degenerative Scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017; 42: 1420-1425https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000002189
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Spine Surgery.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2018; 26: 489-500https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00561
- Cardiac complications related to spine surgery: timing, risk factors, and clinical effect.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2019; 27: 256-263https://doi.org/10.5435/JAAOS-D-17-00650
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Author disclosures: FL: Nothing to disclose. YJ: Nothing to disclose. AP: Nothing to disclose. SS: Nothing to disclose. RL: Nothing to disclose. JCE: Nothing to disclose. BS: Nothing to disclose. MS: Nothing to disclose. BA: Nothing to disclose. FS: Royalties: Zimmer Biomet (F), Medtronic (F), Medcrea (B); Stock Ownership: VFT Solutions (0), See Spine (0); Consulting: Main-Stay Medical (D). VL: Royalties: Nuvasive (C); Stock Ownership: Nemaris Inc (20%), VFT Solutions LLC (50%); Consulting: Globus Medical (F), Implanet (B), Depuy Synthes Spine (C), Stryker (C); Scientific Advisory Board/Other Office: ISSG (0). HJK: Grant: ISSGF (Variable); Royalties: Zimmer Biomet (F), K2M/Stryker (F), Acuity Surgical (B); Consulting: Nuvasive (B); Scientific Advisory Board/Other Office: Vivex Biologics (A), Aspen Medical (B); Fellowship Support: AO Spine (E).
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.