Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Complications in long fusions to the sacrum for adult scoliosis: minimum five-year analysis of fifty patients.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: 1478-1483https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181753c53
- Revision risk after primary adult spinal deformity surgery: a nationwide study with two-year follow-up.Spine Deform. 2019; 7 (.e2): 619-626https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspd.2018.10.006
- Unanticipated revision surgery in adult spinal deformity: an experience with 815 cases at one institution.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014; 39: B36-B44https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000000463
- Reoperation after primary fusion for adult spinal deformity: rate, reason, and timing.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009; 34: 832-839https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31819f2080
- Surgical site infection as a risk factor for long-term instrumentation failure in patients with spinal deformity: a retrospective cohort study.World Neurosurg. 2019; 132: e514-e519https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2019.08.088
- Pseudarthrosis in adult and pediatric spinal deformity surgery: a systematic review of the literature and meta-analysis of incidence, characteristics, and risk factors.Neurosurg Rev. 2019; 42: 319-336https://doi.org/10.1007/s10143-018-0951-3
- Postoperative surgical site infection after spine surgery: an update from the scoliosis research society (SRS) morbidity and mortality database.Spine Deform. 2018; 6: 634-643https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspd.2018.04.004
- Medical complications after adult spinal deformity surgery: incidence, isk factors, and clinical impact.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2016; 41: 1718-1723https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001636
- The impact of deep surgical site infection on surgical outcomes after posterior adult spinal deformity surgery: a matched control study.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 2518-2528https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-018-5583-3
- Surgical infection after posterolateral lumbar spine arthrodesis: CT analysis of spinal fusion.Orthop Surg. 2018; 10: 89-97https://doi.org/10.1111/os.12371
- Adult scoliosis surgery outcomes: a systematic review.Neurosurg Focus. 2010; 28: E3https://doi.org/10.3171/2009.12.FOCUS09254
- Adult scoliosis: surgical indications, operative management, complications, and outcomes.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1999; 24: 2617-2629https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199912150-00009
- Risk factors for pseudarthrosis after surgical site infection of the spine.Int J Spine Surg. 2019; 13: 507-514https://doi.org/10.14444/6068
- Arlet VM. Pelvic fixation for adult scoliosis.Eur Spine J. 2013; 22: S265-S275https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-012-2525-3
- Failure of lumbopelvic fixation after long construct fusions in patients with adult spinal deformity: clinical and radiographic risk factors: clinical article.J Neurosurg Spine. 2013; 19: 445-453https://doi.org/10.3171/2013.6.SPINE121129
- Pseudarthrosis in adult spinal deformity following multisegmental instrumentation and arthrodesis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 721-728https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.E.00550
- Bariatric surgery and low back pain: a systematic literature review.Global Spine J. 2020; 10: 102-110https://doi.org/10.1177/2192568219826935
- Impact of obesity on outcomes following lumbar spine surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2019; 177: 27-36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clineuro.2018.12.012
- Extension of fusions to the pelvis in idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2001; 26: 166-173https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200101150-00011
- Severe obesity effect on low back biomechanical stress of manual load lifting.Work. 2015; 51: 337-348https://doi.org/10.3233/WOR-141945
- Is obesity protective for osteoporosis? Evaluation of bone mineral density in individuals with high body mass index.Int J Clin Pract. 2010; 64: 817-820https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-1241.2009.02301.x
- Influence of bone mineral density on pedicle screw fixation: a study of pedicle screw fixation augmenting posterior lumbar interbody fusion in elderly patients.Spine J. 2001; 1: 402-407https://doi.org/10.1016/s1529-9430(01)00078-x
- Stopping nicotine exposure before surgery. The effect on spinal fusion in a rabbit model.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 30-34https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-200001010-00007
- Results of surgical treatment of painful adult scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1994; 19: 1619-1627https://doi.org/10.1097/00007632-199407001-00011
- Surgical site infection prevention following spine surgery.Global Spine J. 2020; 10: 92S-98Shttps://doi.org/10.1177/2192568219844228
- Prospective multicenter assessment of risk factors for rod fracture following surgery for adult spinal deformity.J Neurosurg Spine. 2014; 21: 994-1003https://doi.org/10.3171/2014.9.SPINE131176
- Risk factors for rod fracture after posterior correction of adult spinal deformity with osteotomy: a retrospective case-series.Scoliosis. 2015; 10: 30https://doi.org/10.1186/s13013-015-0056-5
- Upper thoracic versus lower thoracic upper instrumented vertebrae endpoints have similar outcomes and complications in adult scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014; 39: E795-E799https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000000339
- Risk of revision surgery for adult idiopathic scoliosis: a survival analysis of 517 cases over 25 years.Eur Spine J. 2016; 25: 2527-2534https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-016-4505-5
- Impact of bacterial infections on osteogenesis: evidence from in vivo studies.J Orthop Res. 2019; 37: 2067-2076https://doi.org/10.1002/jor.24422
- Risk factors for long bone fracture non-union: a stratification approach based on the level of the existing scientific evidence.Injury. 2015; 46: S8-19https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(15)30049-8
- High prevalence of biofilms on retrieved implants from aseptic pseudarthrosis cases.Spine Surg Relat Res. 2021; 5: 104-108https://doi.org/10.22603/ssrr.2020-0147
- Implant retention or removal for management of surgical site infection after spinal surgery.Global Spine J. 2020; 10: 640-646https://doi.org/10.1177/2192568219869330
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Ethics Statement: This study was approved by all the institutions review boards.
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: AB: Nothing to disclose. BB: Nothing to disclose. LB: Nothing to disclose. DL: Nothing to disclose. SNP: Nothing to disclose. DK: Nothing to disclose. FP: Nothing to disclose. AA: Nothing to disclose. FK: Nothing to disclose. JP: Nothing to disclose. IO: Nothing to disclose.