- •Spine x-rays/radiographs provide critical information not obtained in other advanced imaging.
- •Radiographs allow visualization of everything at once, including hardware and foreign bodies.
- •Upright radiographs are critical in analyzing alignment and dynamic pathology.
- •Radiographs are critical to both intraoperative localization and post-operative follow-up
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- On a new kind of ray(first report).Munch Med Wochenschr. 1959; 101: 1237-1239
- Augmented reality–assisted pedicle screw insertion: a cadaveric proof-of-concept study.J Neurosurg Spine. 2019; : 1-8https://doi.org/10.3171/2018.12.spine181142
- Evaluation of surgeon and patient radiation exposure by imaging technology in patients undergoing thoracolumbar fusion : systematic review of the literature.The Spine Journal. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2019.04.003
- Instrumentation - Revolution in industry, science, and warfare.Science. 1954; 120https://doi.org/10.1126/science.120.3121.15a
- Surgical site infection in spine surgery: who is at risk?.Glob Spine J. 2018; 8: 5S-30Shttps://doi.org/10.1177/2192568218799056
- Radiolucent lesions of the extremeties.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 1994; 2: 306-316
- Description of the sagittal alignment of the degenerative human spine.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 489-496https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-017-5404-0
- Classification of normal sagittal spine alignment: refounding the Roussouly classification.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 2002-2011https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-017-5111-x
- Mechanical complications in adult spinal deformity and the effect of restoring the spinal shapes according to the Roussouly classification: a multicentric study.Eur Spine J. 2020; 29: 904-913https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-019-06253-1
- Utility of postoperative radiographs for cervical spine fusion: a comprehensive evaluation of operative technique, surgical indication, and duration since surgery.Spine (Phila. Pa. 1976). 2012; 37: 994-2000https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e31825c0130
- Utility of postoperative radiographs for pediatric scoliosis: association between history and physical examination findings and radiographic findings.J Bone Jt Surg Am. 2014; 96: 1127-1134https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.L.01357
- The occurrence of wrong-site surgery self-reported by candidates for certification by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.J Bone Jt Surg Ser A. 2012; 94: 1-12https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.K.00524
- An update on wrong-site spine surgery.Glob Spine J. 2020; 10: 41S-44Shttps://doi.org/10.1177/2192568219846911
- Epidemiologic, functional, and oncologic outcome analysis of spinal sarcomas treated surgically at a single institution over 10 years.Spine J. 2015; 15: 110-114https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2014.07.005
- Wrong-site spine surgery.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2013; 21: 312-320
- Image guidance in spine tumor surgery.Neurosurg Rev. 2020; 43: 1007-1017
- Preoperative fiducial marker placement in the Thoracic spine: a technical report.Spine (Phila PA 1976). 2017; 42 (:E624–8)https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0000000000001890
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: MLG: Consulting: Augmedics (A, Outside 24-Month Requirement), JBJS Classroom (A); Fellowship Support: AOSpine (Salary), NREF (Salary); Royalties: Kendall Hunt (B); Stock Ownership: ROM3 (200 Shares, Outside 24-Month Requirement, Paid directly to institution/employer). JMB: Device or Biologic Distribution Group (Physician-Owned Distributorship): Globus Medical (E), K2M (C), Wolters Kluwer Health (A); Fellowship Support: AOSpine North America (E, Paid directly to institution/employer), OMeGA (D, Paid directly to institution/employer). DMS: Consulting: Baxter (B), DePuy Synthes (B), Medtronic (D), Stryker (C).