MATERIALS AND METHODS
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Epidemiology of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.J Child Orthop. 2013; 7: 3-9
- Progression risk of idiopathic juvenile scoliosis during pubertal growth.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006; 31: 1933-1942
- Curve progression in idiopathic scoliosis: follow-up study to skeletal maturity.Spine. 2009; 34: 697-700
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Lancet. 2008; 371: 1527-1537
- 2016 SOSORT guidelines: orthopaedic and rehabilitation treatment of idiopathic scoliosis during growth.Scoliosis Spinal Disord. 2018; 13: 3
- The natural history of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.J Pediatr Orthop. 2019; 39 (S44-S6)
- Psychological effects of the SRS-22 on girls with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.Spine Deform. 2018; 6: 699-703
- Do the SRS-22 self-image and mental health domain scores reflect the degree of asymmetry of the back in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis?.Scoliosis Spinal Disord. 2017; 12: 37
- Quality of life in males and females with idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2019; 44: 404-410
- Assessing the reliability of the short form 12 (SF-12) health survey in adults with mental health conditions: a report from the wellness incentive and navigation (WIN) study.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2018; 16: 34
- Reliability, validity, and responsiveness of the short form 12-item survey (SF-12) in patients with back pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003; 28: 1739-1745
Caronni A, Donzelli S, Zaina F, Negrini S. The Italian Spine Youth Quality of Life questionnaire measures health-related quality of life of adolescents with spinal deformities better than the reference standard, the Scoliosis Research Society 22 questionnaire. Clin Rehabil 2019:269215519842246.
- Reliability and validity of adapted French Canadian version of Scoliosis Research Society Outcomes Questionnaire (SRS-22) in Quebec.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009; 34: 623-628
- An insight into the health-related quality of life of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis patients who are braced, observed, and previously braced.Spine. 2019; 44: E596-E605
- Determination of quality of life in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis subjected to conservative treatment.Scoliosis. 2010; 5: 21
- Patient-reported outcomes following surgical intervention for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Spine Surg. 2020; 33: 24-34
Group TWJSs, medicine. The World Health Organization quality of life assessment (WHOQOL): development and general psychometric properties. Soc Sci Med. 1998;46(12):1569-85.
- Quality of life in the Danish general population–normative data and validity of WHOQOL-BREF using Rasch and item response theory models.Qual Life Res. 2004; 13: 531-540
- Reliability and validity of the French-Canadian version of the scoliosis research society 22 questionnaire in France.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014; 39: E26-E34
- Refinement of the SRS-22 Health-Related Quality of Life questionnaire Function domain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2006; 31: 593-597
- Discriminative and predictive validity of the scoliosis research society-22 questionnaire in management and curve-severity subgroups of adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009; 34: 2450-2457
- Results of the Scoliosis Research Society instrument for evaluation of surgical outcome in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. A multicenter study of 244 patients.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1999; 24: 1435-1440
- ISYQOL: a Rasch-consistent questionnaire for measuring health-related quality of life in adolescents with spinal deformities.Spine J. 2017; 17: 1364-1372
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Italian Spine Youth Quality of Life (ISYQOL) questionnaire's Arabic version.Medicine. 2021; 100: e28063
- Polish Adaptation of the Italian Spine Youth Quality of Life Questionnaire.J Clin Med. 2021; 10: 2081
- Reliability and validity of simplified Chinese version of the Italian spine youth quality of life questionnaire in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2021; 22: 568
- Spanish validation of Italian Spine Youth Quality of Life (ISYQOL) questionnaire.J Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 2: 1-4
- Score distribution of the scoliosis research society-22 questionnaire in subgroups of patients of all ages with idiopathic scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2010; 35: 568-577
- Convergent validity, ceiling, and floor effects of the English-ISYQOL against established quality of life questionnaires (SRS-22r and SAQ) and curve angles in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2021; 280: 225-230
Parent E, Lin A, Shearer K, Southon S, Donzelli S, Negrini S. Internal Consistency of the English Translation of the Italian Spine Youth Quality-of-Life Scale (ISYQOL) Compared to other Self-Image Questionnaires in Adolescents with Idiopathic Scoliosis. XIII International SOSORT Meeting; Dubrovnik 2018.
Parent E, Lin A, Shearer K, Southon S, Donzelli S, Negrini S. Convergent validity of the English Translation of the ISYQOL scale in relation to other self-image questionnaires in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. XIII International SOSORT Meeting; Dubrovnik 2018.
- Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures.Spine. 2000; 25: 3186-3191
- Readying a US measure of health status, the SF-36, for use in Canada.Clin Invest Med. 1997; 20: 224-238
- Best practices in exploratory factor analysis: four recommendations for getting the most from your analysis.Pract Assess Res Evaluat. 2005; 10: 1-9
- Sample size determination [Internet].University of Baltimore, Baltimore1996 (Available from)Accessed May 2019)
- Sample size requirements for the design of reliability study: review and new results.Stat Methods Med Res. 2004; 13: 251-271
- Sample size and optimal designs for reliability studies.Stat Med. 1998; 17: 101-110
Parent E, Lin A, Shearer K, Southon S, Donzelli S, Negrini S. The encounter with the specialist affects the test-retest reliability of self-image quality of life questionnaires in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. Congrès de l'Association canadienne de physiothérapie; Montréal 2018.
- The SAGE encyclopedia of educational research, measurement, and evaluation.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, USA2018
- Reliability of a quantitative clinical posture assessment tool among persons with idiopathic scoliosis.Physiotherapy. 2012; 98: 64-75
Mokkink LB, Prinsen C, Patrick DL, Alonso J, Bouter LM, De Vet H, et al. COSMIN methodology for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs); user manual. 2018. Retrieved 2022 from: https://www.cosmin.nl.
- Getting serious about test-retest reliability: a critique of retest research and some recommendations.Qual Life Res. 2014; 23: 1713-1720
- The minimal detectable change should not replace the minimal important difference.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63 (author reply 6): 804-805
- Minimal important differences of the SRS-22 Patient Questionnaire following surgical treatment of idiopathic scoliosis.Eur Spine J. 2009; 18: 1898-1904
- Results of the scoliosis research society instrument for evaluation of surgical outcome in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a multicenter study of 244 patients.Spine. 1999; 24: 1435
- A 12-Item Short-Form Health Survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Discriminative validity of the EQ-5D-5 L and SF-12 in older adults with arthritis.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2019; 17: 68
- Sample size used to validate a scale: a review of publications on newly-developed patient reported outcomes measures.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2014; 12: 176
Mokkink LB, Prinsen CA, Patrick DL, Alonso J, Bouter LM, de Vet HC, et al. COSMIN Study Design checklist for Patient-reported outcome measurement instruments. 2019. Retrieved 2022 from https://www.cosmin.nl.
- Self-reported population health: an international perspective based on EQ-5D.Springer, 2014
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable
Author disclosure: CF: Grant: PREMIER Université de Montréal 2019/2020 (B). EP: Nothing to disclose. OC: Nothing to disclose. SB: Nothing to disclose. SD: Nothing to disclose. SN: Nothing to disclose. CF: Research Support (InvestigatorSalary, Staff/Materials): FRQS Junior 1 salary award (F); Grants: FRQS young researcher establishment funding (E).