Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- Epidemiology and risk factors for spine pain.Neurol Clin. 2007; 25: 353-371
- Summary health statistics for U.S. adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2010.Vital Health Stat 10. 2012; (National Center for Health Statistics): 1-207
- A systematic review of the global prevalence of low back pain.Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 64: 2028-2037
- The rising prevalence of chronic low back pain.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 251-258
- Prevalence of low back pain in children and adolescents: a meta-analysis.BMC Pediatr. 2013; 13: 14
- The economic costs of pain in the United States.J Pain. 2012; 13: 715-724
- Relieving pain in America: a blueprint for transforming prevention, care, education, and research.(June 29; Available at:)http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2011/Relieving-Pain-in-America-A-Blueprint-for-Transforming-Prevention-Care-Education-Research.aspx(Accessed May 10, 2015)Date: 2011
- Placing the global burden of low back pain in context.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2013; 27: 575-589
- Accountable interventional pain management: a collaboration among practitioners, patients, payers, and government.Pain Physician. 2013; 16: E635-70
- Growth of spinal interventional pain management techniques: analysis of utilization trends and Medicare expenditures 2000 to 2008.Spine. 2013; 38: 157-168
- Utilization characteristics of spinal interventions.Spine J. 2012; 1 (19): 35-43
- Utilization of interventional techniques in managing chronic pain in the Medicare population: analysis of growth patterns from 2000 to 2011.Pain Physician. 2012; 15: E969-82
- An updated assessment of utilization of interventional techniques in the Medicare population: 2000–2013.Pain Physician. 2015; 18: E115-27
- Medicare payments for facet joint injection services (OEI-05–07–00200).(Available at:)https://www.oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports(Accessed May 10, 2015)Date: 2008
- Inappropriate Medicare payments for transforaminal epidural injection services (OEI-05–09–00030).(Available at:)http://oig.hhs.gov/oei/reports(Accessed May 10, 2015)Date: 2010
- CMS Medicare & Medicaid Statistical Supplement.(Edition. Chapter 2: Medicare enrollment: Table 2.1: Medicare enrollment: Hospital insurance and/or supplemental medical insurance programs for total, fee-for-service and managed care enrollees as of July 1, 2012: Selected calendar years 1966–2012.); Available at:)http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/MedicareMedicaidStatSupp/Downloads/2013_Section2.pdf#Table2.1(Accessed May 10, 2015)Date: 2013
- US Census April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2010. Table 1. Intercensal estimates of the resident population by sex and age for the United States: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2010 (US-EST00INT-01).(Released September; Available at:)Accessed July 8, 2015)
- Lumbar facet joint syndrome: a randomised clinical trial.J Bone Joint Surg. 1989; 71B: 681-684
- Chronic unilateral back pain: predictors of outcome of facet joint injections.Spine. 1990; 15: 780-782
- A controlled trial of corticosteroid injections into facet joints for chronic low back pain.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 1002-1007
- Evidence-informed management of chronic low back pain with facet injections and radiofrequency neurotomy.Spine J. 2008; 8: 56-64
- Analysis of growth of interventional techniques in managing chronic pain in Medicare population: a 10-year evaluation from 1997 to 2006.Pain Physician. 2009; 12: 9-34
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: WJB: Grant: Mesoblast (C, Paid to the institution), outside the submitted work. MJ: Nothing to disclose. JH: Nothing to disclose. DH: Nothing to disclose. DS: Nothing to disclose.
The disclosure key can be found on the Table of Contents and at www.TheSpineJournalOnline.com.