Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- Clinical outcome of metastatic spinal cord compression treated with surgical excision ± radiation versus radiation therapy alone: a systematic review of literature.Spine. 2012; 37: 78-84
- Charlson score is a robust predictor of 30-day complications following spinal metastasis surgery.Spine. 2011; 36: E1274-80
- Factors affecting survival in 267 consecutive patients undergoing surgery for spinal metastasis from renal cell carcinoma.J Neurosurg Spine. 2014; 20: 108-116
- Independent predictors of complication following surgery for spinal metastasis.Eur Spine J. 2013; 22: 1402-1407
- Perioperative complication and surgical outcome in patients with spine metastases: retrospective 200-case series in a single institute.Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2014; 122: 80-86
- Resumption of ambulatory status after surgery for nonambulatory patients with epidural spinal metastasis.Spine J. 2011; 11: 1015-1023
- Modeling one-year survival after surgery on the metastatic spine.Spine J. 2015; (E-pub ahead of print)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spinee.2015.06.061
- Reoperation rates in the surgical treatment of spinal metastases.Spine J. 2015; 15: 37S-43
- Accuracy of the revised Tokuhashi score in predicting survival in patients with metastatic spinal cord compression (MSCC).Eur Spine J. 2013; 22: S21-6
- Risk factors for survival of 106 surgically treated patients with symptomatic spinal epidural metastases.Eur Spine J. 2013; 22: 1408-1416
- Surgical management of metastatic disease of the lumbar spine: experience with 139 patients.J Neurosurg Spine. 2005; 2: 550-563
- Adverse events in emergency oncological spine surgery: a prospective analysis.J Neurosurg Spine. 2014; 21: 698-703
- Reassessment of scoring systems and prognostic factors for metastatic spinal cord compression.Spine J. 2015; 15: 944-950
- Patient factors, co-morbidities and surgical characteristics that increase mortality and complication-risk following spinal arthrodesis: a prognostic study based on 5,887 patients.Spine J. 2013; 10: 1171-1179
- Risk factors for 30-day post-operative complications and mortality after below-knee amputation: a study of 2,911 patients from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 370-378
- Risk factors for immediate postoperative complications and mortality following spine surgery: a study of 3475 patients from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93: 1577-1582
- The impact of resident involvement on post-operative morbidity and mortality following orthopaedic procedures: a study of 43,343 cases.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2013; 133: 1483-1491
- Morbidity and mortality in the thirty-day period following total hip arthroplasty: risk factors and incidence.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 2025-2030
- Thirty-day morbidity and mortality after elective total shoulder arthroplasty: patient-based and surgical risk factors.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015; 24: 24-30
- Evaluating perioperative outcomes and efficiency following total joint arthroplasty in the U.S. and Canada: a tale of two systems?.JAMA Surg. 2015; (E-pub ahead of print)
- A risk calculator for short-term morbidity and mortality after hip fracture surgery.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 63-69
- Risk factors for thirty-day morbidity and mortality following knee arthroscopy: a review of 12,271 patients from the national surgical quality improvement program database.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e98
- Survival after surgery for spinal and extremity metastases. Prognostication in 241 patients.Acta Orthop Scand. 1995; 66: 143-146
- Regression models for categorical dependent variables using Stata.2nd ed. Stata Press, College Station, TX2006
- Transparent Reporting of a multivariable prediction model for Individual Prognosis or Diagnosis (TRIPOD): the TRIPOD statement.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: 55-63
- Surgical strategy for spinal metastases.Spine. 2001; 26: 298-306
- Scoring system for the preoperative evaluation of metastatic spine tumor prognosis.Spine. 1990; 15: 1110-1113
FDA device/drug status: Not applicable.
Author disclosures: AJS: Grant: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (F, Paid directly to institution); Personal fees: ArborMetrix (B); Other: Wolters Kluwers (A, Royalties, outside the submitted work), The Spine Journal (Nonfinancial, Deputy Editor), NASS (Nonfinancial, CME Committee), Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma (Section Editor, Health Reform). HVL: Nothing to disclose. YM: Nothing to disclose. DAL: Nothing to disclose. PJB: Royalties: Slack Incorporated (B, Paid directly to institution, outside the submitted work). CMB: Personal fees: United Health Care (B, Advisory Board), CRICO (B, Expert Testimony), Wolters Kluwers (B, Royalties), Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (B, Deputy Editor Stipend), NASS (Nonfinancial, Board Member). MBH: NASS (Nonfinancial, Board Member).
The disclosure key can be found on the Table of Contents and at www.TheSpineJournalOnline.com.
Disclaimers: The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) and the hospitals participating in the ACS NSQIP are the source of the data used herein. They have not verified and are not responsible for the statistical validity of the data analysis or the conclusions derived by the authors.
Level of Evidence: II.