Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Management of chronic discogenic low back pain with a thermal intradiscal catheter. A preliminary report.Spine. 2000; 25: 382-388
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty: percutaneous treatment of chronic discogenic low back pain.Techniques Reg Anesth Pain Manage. 2001; 5: 130-135
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty (IDET) for chronic disc disease: outcome assessment with minimum one year follow-up. Proceedings of the 14th Annual Meeting of the North American Spine Society, Chicago, October 20–23, 1999.North American Spine Society, Rosemont, IL1999 (75–6)
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty (IDET) treatment for chronic multi-level discogenic pain: prospective 1 year follow-up outcome study. Proceedings of the 14th Annual Meeting of the North American Spine Society, Chicago, October 20–23, 1999.North American Spine Society, Rosemont, IL1999 (78–9)
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy by catheter: 12 month follow-up.in: Proceedings of the 7th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Injection Society, Las Vegas, August 1999. International Spinal Injection Society, Daly City, CA1999: 47
- Intradiscal electrothermal treatment for chronic discogenic low back pain. A prospective outcome study with minimum 1-year follow-up.Spine. 2000; 25: 2622-2627
- Intradiscal electrothermal treatment for chronic discogenic low back pain. Prospective outcome study with a minimum 2-year follow-up.Spine. 2002; 27: 966-974
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty (IDET): a novel approach for treating chronic discogenic back pain.Neuromodulation. 2000; 3: 82-88
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy: a preliminary report.Pain Physician. 2000; 3: 367-373
- Effectiveness of intradiscal electrothermal therapy in increasing function and reducing chronic low back pain in selected patients.Wisconsin Med J. 2002; 101: 31-34
- Twelve-month follow-up of a controlled trial of intradiscal thermal anuloplasty for back pain due to internal disc disruption.Spine. 2000; 25: 2601-2607
- Two-year follow-up of a controlled trial of intradiscal electrothermal anuloplasty for chronic low back pain resulting from internal disc disruption.Spine J. 2002; 2: 343-350
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy: conflicting results, lively debate.The Back Letter. 2001; 16: 140-142
- Department editor's note.Bulletin of the American Pain Society. 2001; 11: 1
- Point of view.Spine. 2002; 27: 973-974
- Intradiscal electrothermal therapy.SpineLine. 2002; March/April: 12-118
- Intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty: the IDET procedure.J Spinal Dis. 2001; 14: 353-360
- A proposal for structured reporting of randomized controlled trials.JAMA. 1994; 272: 1926-1931
- Methodological quality of randomized clinical trials on treatment efficacy in low back pain.Spine. 1995; 20: 228-235
- Efficacy of epidural steroid injections for low-back pain and sciatica: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials.Pain. 1995; 63: 279-288
- Efficacy of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for low back pain: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials.Ann Rheum Dis. 1997; 56: 214-223
- Conservative treatment of acute and chronic nonspecific low back pain: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials of the most common interventions.Spine. 1997; 22: 2128-2156
- Merskey H Bogduk N Classification of chronic pain. Descriptions of chronic pain syndromes and definition of pain terms. 2nd ed. IASP Press, Seattle1994
- Practice guidelines and protocols. Lumbar disc stimulation. Syllabus of the ISIS 9th Annual Scientific Meeting.International Spinal Injection Society, San Francisco2001 (1456–75)
Digital pressure manometers. South Jordan, UT: Merit Medical Systems.
SpineCath Catheters. Andover, MA: Smith and Nephew.
- Measurement of pain.Lancet. 1974; 2: 1127-1131
- The validation of visual analogue scales as ratio scale measures for chronic and experimental pain.Pain. 1983; 17: 45-56
- Assessment of chronic pain.Pain. 1983; 16: 87-101
- Pain measurement: an overview.Pain. 1985; 22: 1-31
- The MOS 36-item Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36):.Med Care. 1992; 30: 473-483
- The validity and relative precision of MOS Short-and Long-Form Health Status Scales and Dartmouth COOP charts: results from Medical Outcomes Study.Med Care. 1992; 30: MS253-MS265
- The MOS 36-item Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36):.Med Care. 1993; 31: 247-263
- The Oswestry low back pain disability questionnaire.Physiotherapy. 1980; 72: 71-74
- The number needed to treat: a clinically useful measure of treatment effect.Br Med J. 1995; 310: 452-454
- Lumbar epidural steroid injections: is a clinical trial necessary or appropriate.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 1999; 24: 5-7
E9 statistical principles for clinical trials: missing values and outliers, Federal Register, vol. 63, no. 179, docket no. 97D-0174, section 5.3, p. 49594.
☆FDA device/drug status: approved for this indication: IDET Spine Cath.
☆Coinvestigator KD acknowledges a financial relationship (consultant for Smith and Nephew Endoscopy, Andover, MA) that may indirectly relate to the subject of this research.