Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- Innervation of the human vertebral body: a histologic study.J Spinal Disord. 1998; 11: 526-531
- Intraoseous vertebral body pressures.Spine J. 1992; 17: S155-9
- Degenerative disk disease: assessment of changes in vertebral body marrow with MR imaging.Radiology. 1988; 166: 193-199
- Painful lumbar disk derangement: relevance of endplate abnormalities at MR imaging.Radiology. 2001; 218: 420-427
- Discographic, MRI and psychosocial determinants of low back pain disability and remission: a prospective study in subjects with benign persistent back pain.Spine J. 2005; 5: 24-35
- Substance P-containing nerves within the human vertebral body: an immunohistochemical study of the basivertebral nerve.Spine J. 2003; 3: 63-67
- Innervation patterns of PGP 9.5-positive nerve fibers within the human lumbar vertebra.J Anat. 2011; 218: 263-270
- The Modic vertebral endplate and marrow changes: pathologic significance and relation to low back pain and segmental instability of the lumbar spine.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2008; 29: 838-842
- Modic changes in endplates of lumbar vertebral bodies: prevalence and association with low back and sciatic pain among middle-aged male workers.Spine. 2007; 32: 1116-1122
- The tissue origin of low back pain and sciatica: a report of pain response to tissue stimulation during operations on the lumbar spine using local anesthesia.Orthop Clin North Am. 1991; 22: 181-187
- The clinical importance of changes in outcome scores after treatment for chronic low back pain.Eur Spine J. 2003; 12: 12-20
- Clinically important outcomes in low back pain.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2005; 19: 593-607
- Lumbar fusion versus non-operative management for treatment of discogenic low back pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.J Spinal Disord Tech. 2014; 27: 297-304
- The long-term outcome of lumbar fusion in the Swedish lumbar spine study.Spine J. 2016; 16: 579-587
- Expenditures and health status among adults with back and neck problems.JAMA. 2008; 299: 656-664
FDA device/drug status: Approved (Intracept Flexible Bi-Polar RF Probe and Easy Access Instrument Set).
Author disclosures: SB: Relievant Medsystems, Inc. (C), outside the submitted work. AH: Nothing to disclose. MHH: Royalties: Relievant Medsystems, Inc. (C), outside the submitted work; Consulting: Relievant Medsystems, Inc. (B), outside the submitted work.