Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Spine Journal
- A randomized trial of vertebroplasty for painful osteoporotic vertebral fractures.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 557-568
- A randomized trial of vertebroplasty for osteoporotic spinal fractures.N Engl J Med. 2009; 361: 569-579
- Vertebroplasty: an opportunity to do something really good for patients.Spine. 2000; 25: 1051-1052
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty: functional improvement in patients with osteoporotic compression fractures.Spine. 2006; 31: 1113-1118
- Value of bone scan imaging in predicting pain relief from percutaneous vertebroplasty in osteoporotic vertebral fractures.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2000; 21: 1807-1812
- Evaluation of adverse health outcomes associated with vertebral fractures.Osteoporos Int. 1991; 1: 134-140
- Thoracic and lumbar vertebroplasties performed in US Medicare enrollees 2001–2005.JAMA. 2007; 298: 1760-1762
- Surgical vs. nonoperative treatment for lumbar disk herniation: the Spine Patient Outcomes Research Trial (SPORT) observational cohort.JAMA. 2006; 296: 2451-2459
- Vertebroplasty found to be useless for osteoporotic fracture and disk pain.(Available at)http://www.beforeyoutakethatpill.com/index.php/2009/08/06/vertebroplasty-found-to-be-useless-for-osteoporotic-fracture-and-disk-pain/comment-page-1/(Accessed August 6, 2009)
FDA device/drug status: not applicable
Author disclosures: CMB (royalties, Life Spine [Level B]; consulting, Depuy Spine [Level B], Medtronic Sofamor Danek [Level B]; speaking/teaching arrangements, Depuy Spine [Level C], Stryker Spine [Level B]; board of directors, North American Spine Society; other office, Applied Spine [Level B, Adverse Events Panel]; research support, Archus Orthopedics [Level B], Synthes Spine [Level D]; grants, Stryker Spine [Level D]; fellowship support, Depuy Spine [Level E]); MH (royalties, Relievant Medsystems [Level C]; stock ownership, Relievant Medsystems [Level D]; consulting, Relievant Medsystems [Level D, 2008; none, 2009]; board of directors, North American Spine Society; research support, investigator salary, Department of Defense [Level E]; grants, Department of Defense [Level I, not directly related to the spine]); CM (board of directors, North American Spine Society; relationships outside the 1-year requirement, DePuy [Level A], Synthes [Level A], St. Francis Medical [Level A]; other, NASS Board, Coding Committee, Performance Measure Committee, Advocacy Council Chair, Annual Meeting, NASS RUC Rep); DR (board of directors, North American Spine Society; relationships outside the 1-year requirement, Medtronic [consultant 2003–2006, minimal-less than Level B over entire duration]); WCW (consulting, Stryker [Level C]; board of directors, North American Spine Society; scientific advisory board, Intrinsic Therapeutics [nonfinancial, stock options (no current value)]; others, Blackstone Medical Inc. [financial, Clinical Events Committee for clinical trial]).
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Vertebroplasty: when randomized placebo-controlled trial results clash with common beliefThe Spine JournalVol. 10Issue 3